Monday, November 30, 2009

Post Surgery Day 7

I feel great!

I went back to work today without any problems. 9am-5pm including two 15min walks. I had panadol and ibuprofen in the morning and the afternoon. I still haven't noticed any Mirena side effects except for slight bleeding.

On Friday I got bored and went on my first post-surgery excursion in the afternoon. I went to the library and some surrounding shops. I felt pretty sick and needed to sit down quite frequently due to pain. I ended up being stuck in the city for a lot longer than I expected and got completely worn out and felt awful!

Saturday night I managed to clean up the house and at night I was still well enough to go out to the theatre and have a couple of drinks (I was off the heavy meds by this stage!)

Sunday I spent lying in the sun and well... anyone can do that! Although, I do now have a sunburn to go with my stitches.

My stitches are tiny! Two tiny little crosses either side of my belly like a cartoon.

My belly button, on the other hand, is a bit more of a war site.

I attribute my speedy recovery to a fantastic surgeon, brilliant nurses, a wonderful partner, the sweetest cat in the world and having regular doses of arnica every day after the surgery.

I hope everyone else's goes as smoothly as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment