Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Post Surgery Day 2


I'm doing really well. I'm actually quite surprised. I had expected my recovery to be as awful as when I had my appendix out last year. I have some cramping and occasional sharp pain but I have meds to handle that. I was having hallucinations from the hospital meds but they've settled down now and I'm only having a few lucid dreams. I'm still quite light headed and tired and need to be resting most of the time. Unfortunately, the meds make my vision blurry so it's hard for me to read my books but I have lots o movies to watch- it's amazing that this is my biggest problem!

I haven't even noticed the Mirena (apart from very, very minimal bleeding). The shoulder pains from the gas that they inflated my belly with is only just coming now- it's just uncomfortable more than anything.
I'm due to go back to work on Monday and that should be fine. I'm still quite overwhelmed with how smoothly everything went and how amazing the staff at the hospital were. The anesthetist even said to me "we're going to take really good care of you, we'll have someone by your side the whole time."

Tried to go out to my vege garden for a look today. I was able to get out there for about 5 minutes. Tomorrow I'll try for longer. Mr Big and Gingin have been taking excellent care of me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment